Frequently Asked Questions
Wedding Photography Frequently Asked Questions
Do you offer wedding packages or are your prices a la carte?
- We offer a selection of wedding collections. You can add a la carte items to any package, however there are substantial savings to these items by upgrading to a different collection
Colour or black and white, how is that decided?
- Some images work best in colour, while others work best in black and white. We will give you the image that we feel works the best. If you have a preference, please let us know before your wedding so we can ensure you get the result you want.
How many photos do you take?
- The amount of images the bride and groom receive is based upon many factors. Some of these include the attitudes and willingess of the bridal party, amount of family pictures, length of ceremony & reception etc… We usually deliver anywhere from 400-700 final, fully processed, images.
When do you photograph the formal photos?
- Ultimately this is up to the bride and groom. However, we generally shoot the family shots immediately following the ceremony, and then we proceed into bridal party pictures, and finally we spend the most time taking images of the bride and groom.
Do you carry backup equipment?
- Yes. Backup gear is a necessity when photographing once-in-a-lifetime events, so it is always brought along to ensure that nothing prevents the full documentation of your day.
What if we give you a list of photos we want taken?
- Shooting via a list is something we do not do. However, sharing your photo ideas or samples of photography you happen to like is welcomed. We do however ask for a basic list of family members you want included, as to not forget anyone, but we don’t accept lists outlining very specific images or poses. We have a style, and you probably like our style if you book us!
When will my pictures be ready?
- This really depends on the time of the year. During the peak season (May-November) the wait is approx. 6-8 weeks. During the other months the wait time is generally 4-6 weeks. The length of time it takes to get you your images is a result of Vinland Photography’s mission to provide you with outstanding images. Every single image is assessed and retouched in any way needed. We give you only the best, and that is a time consuming process. As soon as your images are ready we will contact you.
How far in advance of our wedding do we need to book?
- We generally book up most of the weekend dates during our peak season about a year early. We need at least 6 weeks notice before booking a wedding.
Do you use film or digital cameras?
- We are 100% digital
What kind of equipment do you use?
- We use a Canon 5dMKIII camera, with a Canon 5DMKII and 5D as backups. We also use Canon “L” series professional lenses.
Can I post my wedding photos on my own website, blog or Facebook etc?
- As long as you give us credit, sure! We reserve the copyright on ALL of our images. However, if you purchase digital negatives, then you are given permission to make copies of images for your own personal use (non commercial).
Do you allow other people to take photographs while you are working?
- We don’t mind other people taking pictures at the wedding if they do not interfere with our pictures. We request that all family & friends with cameras stay out of the aisles at church and refrain from using flash when possible.
How do I get one of your ‘fusion slideshows’?
- Fusion slideshows are a component of 2 of our wedding collections.